23 January 2006

Popups?!?

I would like to know if any of you have been experiencing pop-ups on this page. I have pretty good pop-up blocking, so I had no idea that the "free" counters I use on all my webpages have recently started creating popups on the webpages they are placed on.

If anyone has seen this happen on the blog, or the static tutorial page, please let me know and I will remove the counter immediately.

Thanks, and my appologies to anyone experiencing these popups.

Edit: I have removed the webstats4u counter and replaced it with another that claims it will not put ads on the sites that use it. Still, let me know if anything strange happens. (2:14 PM Jan 23 2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Thanks for helping to solve those problems...your solutions and explanation are very helpful!
Yes, I did see the popups which located at the top left.

sab said...

Just to clairfy, I mean pop-ups containing annoying adds. The comment window should come up anyway, and are ok. I just don't want to be inadvertantly bombarding people with ads, especially for the class website.

Glad you found my answers helpful. :)